Wednesday, 24 December 2008

New Year 2009 - crikey!

Yes I know I'm early, but I'm going away on Boxing Day and I'm not taking my computer with me.

Well this is a milestone I didn't think I'd get to and I'd like to thank all of you that helped me get through the last 7 months since my grand mal seizure and brain tumour discovery. I am really lucky to have such great friends and family who have helped me in so many ways - some just entertaining, some talking through the cancer/dying process, some both - all good.

And yes I know I wasn't really meant to get to this stage, but given the number of visitors I received I wasn't the only one who thought I was on the way out in 2008.

Now that I've thank you all I now must apologise for any tantrums I have thrown (and will continue to). I blame the following:

* constant doses of steroids - by the end of my CEPP treatments it will be a whole year.

* people fussing around me - I know you mean well but if you knew me you'd know I'm not going to react rationally. Fortunately for me my darling flatmate Em is not anywhere near close to fussy - much appreciated.

* annoying national and international events - remember I get to watch ALL the news and read ALL the magazines (not the woman's ones).

* just generally not caring what people think actually. I know quite a few of you hadn't realised my 'worldly' opinions on matters and found them not to your flavour - frankly don't care - life's more fun this way - try it out. Unless of course you read woman's magazines, then we don't give a rats arse what you think, cause you obviously don't.

Anyway next milestone is a visit to the majestic South Island and my 41st in April 2009.

Have a great Xmas day - don't eat too much - it's all about quality, not quantity.

Much, much love to you all.
Annie Fox!

PS: oh my god I forgot to thank the amazing working bee team who fixed the garden. You'll all be pleased to know that the plants have all survived and the grass has grown lush and thick and looking fantastic. Particular thanks to Allan (brother) for organising all of this, without a foreman we would have failed and special thanks to his team of church friends. We've finished!

2 comments:

Lea White said...

And a merry Christmas to you too! So happy for you that you have reached this milestone.

We have steroids this week, so I can relate to your comment about the steroids.

Wishing you a wonderful 2009!

Anonymous said...

Happy 09 AF! Fabulous to have you here and sounding so pumped.