Monday, 16 March 2009

Done

Righto, the shave was performed last night by the lovely and safe hands of Carol Potts. Still do not have a digital camera by which to take a photo of the results, so in the meantime I present myself in 2007 when a first lost my hair.

Thanks to everyone for their kind and generous donations. If you were waiting until I had performed the deed before donating then go for it here.

I'm suffering from heat transfer, it was amazing how warm the peach fuzz (or bum fluff as my lawyer so kindly called it) kept my head. Have to wear the head scarf all the time at the moment.

And isn't it cold at the moment - every night at about 6.30pm I turn into an iceblock and have throw myself under a hot 30-minute shower to thaw. Made all the more pleasant without that annoying thing you peasants wear called hair.

Update: raised so far $3,950!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Annie,

Congratulations on your great fundraising total, and your new haircut!

I have stumbled across your blog today and just wanted to let you know you are in my thoughts. My best friends daughter passed away in 2006 from a grade 4 brain tumour and since then myself and my friend have done a bit of fundraising and just launched the UK's only website dedicated to providing information and support to high grade brain tumour patients, their families, friends and caregivers (www.btbuddies.org.uk).

I'll be following your story from now on and cheering you on from the UK!

All the best,

Natalya