Friday, 16 October 2009

Bad Film Warning

Samson & Deliliah is currently playing at Rialto, which I just viewed this afternoon and felt an urgent need to rush home and give a strong health warning. Here is the film teaser:

Samson and Delilah’s world is small - an isolated community in the Central Australian desert. When tragedy strikes they turn their backs on home and embark on a journey of survival. Lost, unwanted and alone they discover that life isn’t always fair, but love never judges.

Rating: R16 - Violence & Drug Use, 101 mins
Genre: Drama


Oh my god it was torture - poking my eye out would be preferable - it ends a run of great films. There was no journey of survival, just misery played out so slowly I shut my eyes shut for most of the 101 minutes (100 minutes too long). The Violence & Drug Use was boring and Drama it most certainly wasn't. Peter Calder gave it a 4-star rating - I'll never trust his reviews again - he must have been drunk.

I'm sure there are plenty of art fart academics that rate it highly, but only because it is an Aboriginal politically correct topic. I'm sure the poor Aussie taxpayer fronted up for this rubbish.

Slow crap films like this most certainly make it on to my "dying young has a plus side" list.

You have been warned.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

When D and I first started going out we went to see a movie called "Pelle the Conquerer". I think it was Polish. We each sat through three and a half hours (or longer - it felt longer) of excruciating unremitting horror and dullness convinced the other must be enjoying such utter vileness and too embarrassed to throw popcorn and expletives and leave.

Still, in those days there were still snifters, so all was not lost.

Opinionated Libertarimum said...

"I'm sure there are plenty of art fart academics that rate it highly, but only because it is an Aboriginal politically correct topic. I'm sure the poor Aussie taxpayer fronted up for this rubbish."

Too bloody right. Boring! Waste of money - for the movie and the babysitter.

I demand a refund for the few hours of my life that I have now lost forever. (Well, actually, I did get a very good sleep, but it was an expensive sleep.)

Peter Cresswell said...

"...poking my eye out would be preferable..."

I'll come round later with a sharp stick.

Sus said...

Peter Calder? Bah!

His initials tell all.

Magento Themes said...

when should i see this kind of movie? it should be related to any event.

Magento Themes

Web Design Firm said...

@ Megento see it ASAP, after seeing you will have experience to tell others.

Magento Templates said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Magento Templates said...

Wow a great post for sure, enjoyed reading as to what information you shared about ASAP a lot... Well done keep up your efforts.....

Magento Themes

Unknown said...

A great post for sure @Magento Templates, will agree with you as to what ever you wrote....

sheds to live in